Info About courier: – Couriers who transport such items as medical specimens face special challenges. Organizations such as clinical laboratories, blood banks, biomedical services, hospitals, pharmaceutical services, and tissue banks depend upon couriers to transport medical specimens safely and track time critical delivery. Because of today’s mobile technology, clients can track individual packages in real time and validate deliveries, especially critical in life or death scenarios.
For companies offering time critical services, the ability to access information and packages quickly can result in time and labor savings and improve customer satisfaction. For some clients, efficient time critical service is truly a matter of life and death.
In addition to changes in devices used by drivers, highly sophisticated warehouse management solutions can have a tremendous impact on the business, allowing for reduced warehouse space due to increased efficiency, less labor, carrier freight savings and improved overall service.
Some Benefits of using current technology for courier tracking business:-
- Delivery confirmation signatures can be captured, stored, transmitted and reported electronically.
- Using handheld devices saves time and reduces labor costs
- Electronic information can be stored in formats that can be readily searched and reported, saving on labor and clerical costs.
- Using software and handheld devices increases accuracy, reducing the incidence of costly, time consuming errors.
- Employing technological solutions allows for real time tracking of information.
- Use of electronic data makes information easy to reconcile, track and implement in producing reports
- Removing the paper trail reduces paper waste, saving trees and other resources.
Technology currently available for your courier business:-
- Bar-code scanners create business efficiency by recording information about packages, enabling them to be tracked throughout the warehouse and delivery processes. This ability to track packages is essential to meeting expectations and regulations.
- Warehouse management software solutions help to organize the storage, retrieval and processing of packages and inventory, as well as to produce useful, critical reports and provide visibility for customers and employees.
- Transportation management software solutions produce effective information tracking of drivers, deliveries, routes and other critical information.
- Radio frequency (RF) facilitates the use of handheld devices in warehouses, allowing for the transmission of information from point to point, reducing labor expense.
- Handheld computers capture signatures electronically, allowing the data to be transmitted, stored, tracked and reported for a variety of functional uses.
- Global positioning systems (GPS) technology is essential in tracking packages, deliveries and drivers throughout the logistics and delivery processes.